As they say old is gold and sometimes super yum too. This is the most simple cake and definitely the delicious one. This recipe calls for four basic ingredients you most likely to have in your pantry; namely butter, sugar, eggs, and flour. Yes, it is also called as pound cake!!
The name (Pound Cake) comes from the fact that the original pound cakes contained one pound each of butter, sugar, eggs, and flour.
I have been making this recipe for many years now and it is always the first one to come to my mind when I want a simple cake with my cup of tea. However, this cake also tastes excellent with buttercream sandwiched in the layers and it can also be used with ganache as a base for fondant cakes. I prefer to simply eat it when it is warm just as is.
So are we ready to bake?
Butter: 125 gm
Sugar: 125 gm
Eggs : 3 Nos.
Vanilla Essence: 1 teaspoon
Milk Powder: 20 gms
Flour: 125 gms
Baking Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cream Butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla to eggs.
- Now add about three eggs to the butter mixture. Mix well till no traces of eggs are seen.
- Then add the milk powder and mix.
- Once the milk powder is incorporated, add the remaining eggs and mix till no traces of egg are seen.
- Sieve the flour. Add baking powder to it and mix well with a spoon.
- Now fold in the flour using a spatula in the mixture.
- Pour the batter into prepared containers.
- Bake in 2 round containers of 5-inch diameter or small loaf tins.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 30-35 minutes.
Follow the recipe, and bake the perfect pound cake. Traditional and irresistible it’s sure to be amongst your favorites.
We would love to see how it turned out to be. Share your experience and tag us on the pictures.